Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A long lost update on my soldier son.

Well we are anxiously awating his arrival for a 14 day leave. Actually have been waiting since last Friday, July 31! He is stuck in IRAQ. Sandstorms have not allowed him to fly out. Worst sandstorms in decades. People have actually died.
He was moved down country about 1 1/2 weeks ago. Just waiting for a plane out of there. On to Kuwait, Germany, maybe Atlanta, then Indianapolis. He has not slept in two days. We did not hear anything from him for 24 hours, did not know where he was, if he even left or not. and today August 5, 2009 is his 21st birthday, and I am sad because he is not here. If he was able to get a flight out last nite which was already today here, he will be calling us to pick him up at the airport tonight around 10:00. but we don't know yet. I am hoping and praying it is tonight. I don't know how much more I can take. ZACH COME HOME! WE MISS YOU AND LOVE YOU.

1 comment:

  1. Keeping my fingers crossed, and praying he gets home soon.

    ReplyDelete